Scientists lie if they talk about an old earth and evolution
Scientists who propose evolution and an old earth and oppose creationism are lying.
- Lying implies that the person knows better. Even if creationists were right, scientists could just be mistaken.
- Lying also implies that evolution and old earth are false, for which there is no evidence. See all the failed attempts at disproving evolution.
- If all scientists who accept evolution were lying, this would be a world-wide conspiracy with thousands of members, which is not believable. To accept that you need to be paranoid.
- How do we know that all Creationists are not the ones who are actually lying? How can we be sure that even all teachers of Christianity, Islam, or any other Creationist religion is not lying?
Fallacies contained in this claim
- Abusive Ad Hominem (scientists are liars)
- Conspiracy Theory (scientists are lying in an organized manner to cover up the truth. Or: We don't have evidence for this because someone is hiding it)