EvoWiki is now a project of the
We are moving all content to RationalWiki.
See the for details! .
New Guinea Man dates way back to 1970 and has been found in the region just north to Australia
New Guinea Man dates way back to 1970 and has been found in the region just north to Australia.
- In the source, this stands between other claims discrediting other hominid fossils, making it appear as if the claim made is in any way damning. The author seems to hope that his readers aren't really listening.
- Fossils don't go bad with time.
- There is no such fossil as "New Guinea Man". This is apparently a complete fabrication on Chick's part.
- add more responses
Fallacies contained in this claim
- Accent (irrelevant detail is made to appear like discrediting evidence)
- Lie (The fact is that Jack Chick simply made up "New Guinea Man" in order to discredit human evolution)
- Shalizi, Cosma, Fossil Hominids: Big Daddy? 
- One suggested ancestry line for humans is: Lucy, Heidelberg Man, Nebraska Man, Piltdown Man, Peking Man, Neanderthal Man, New Guinea Man, Cro-Magnon Man, Modern Man
- Heidelberg Man was built from a jaw bone that was conceded by many to be quite human
- Peking Man was supposedly 500,000 years old, but all evidence has disappeared
- Neanderthal Man, found in France over 50 years ago, is an old man who suffered from arthritis