EvoWiki is now a project of the
We are moving all content to RationalWiki.
See the for details! .
List of genetics pages:S
- Segmentation genes - Genes that control development
- Selector genes - Genes that control development (aka Homeotic genes)
- Selfish DNA - A type of junk DNA
- Selfish gene - A metaphor for gene selection
- Short interspersed element - A type of junk DNA
- Silencer element - Eukaryotic enzyme that decreases transcription
- Silent mutation - Mutation which changes the DNA sequence but not the amino acid sequence
- Single nucleotide polymorphism - Alleles different in a single nucleotide pair
- Sticky ends - Short unpaired sections of single-helix DNA which can be stuck together
- Sbstitution - Type of mutation
- Suppressor gene - Causes suppression of mutation in another gene
- Sanger, Frederick - Developed DNA sequencing technique
- Sharp, Phillip - Discovered introns
- Singer, Bea - Showed that tobacco mosaic virus has RNA genome
- Stahl, Franklin - Proved semiconservative model for DNA replication
- Stern, Curt - Showed that recombination was the physical exchange of chromosomes
- Sutton, Walter - Proposed chromosomes as molecules of heredity
This page is part of the EvoWiki encyclopedia of genetics and molecular biology.