EvoWiki is now a project of the
We are moving all content to RationalWiki.
See the for details! .
List of genetics pages:I
- Imaginal disk - undifferentiated cells in blastoderm that will develop into adult tissue or organ
- Inbreeding - Mating between close relatives
- Incomplete dominance - A heterozygous phenotype with dominant and recessive alleles, but in which the recessive allele still contributes a little to the phenotype
- Indel - Gap sequence in which it is not possible to determine whether the mutation was an insertion in one sequence or deletion in the other
- Induced mutation - Mutation caused by application of mutagens
- Inducer - Chemical or environmental signal to begin transcription of operon in prokaryotes
- Induction - Gene expression caused by inducer
- Inferred tree - type of phylogenetic tree
- Infinitely many alleles model - Model which classes the results of neutral mutations as a new allele
- Informative sites - Sites which are informative to phylogenetics, e.g. suggesting which is the most parsimonious gene tree
- Inheritance - see Heredity
- Initiation factors - Enzymes involved in initiation of transcription
- Insertion - A type of mutation
- Insertion sequence - Simple prokaryotic transposon
- Interaction variance VI - Genetic variance that arises from epistatic interaction between genes
- Intergenic suppressor - A mutation which supresses the effect of another mutation in a different gene
- Internal control region - A promotor recognised by RNA polymerase III, located within gene sequence
- Intragenic suppressor - Mutation which supresses the effect of another mutation of the same gene
- Intron - The region(s) of a gene which codes for a protein
- Inversion - Mutation in which a section of a gene or chromosome is reversed
- IS element - See inversion sequence.
This page is part of the EvoWiki encyclopedia of genetics and molecular biology.