EvoWiki is now a project of the
We are moving all content to RationalWiki.
See the for details! .
List of genetics pages:F
- Facultative heterochromatin - Chromatin on which genes are inactivated while the chromatin is condensed during cell division
- Familial - A trait shared by members of a family
- F-duction - Transfer of genes from an "F`" to an "F-" cells via a plasmid
- Fine-structure mapping - Method of finding allelic sites within a gene
- Fitness - The relative reproductive ability of a genotype
- Forward mutation - Mutation from the wild-type allele to a mutant allele
- Founder effect - Genetic bottleneck occurring when new populations are formed with little genetic variation
- Frameshift mutation - an addition or deletion mutation that changes the meaning of a gene downstream of the mutation because three DNA letters are translated into 1 protein letter
- Frequency distribution - Method of summarising continuous traits by describing the proportions of each phenotype in the population
- Functional genomics - Study of the functions of genes and associated DNA in the genome.
- Fisher, Ronald - United Mendelian genetics with Darwinian evolution
- Franklin, Rosalind - Assisted in discovery of structure of DNA
This page is part of the EvoWiki encyclopedia of genetics and molecular biology.