EvoWiki is now a project of the
We are moving all content to RationalWiki.
See the for details! .
List of genetics pages:E
- Ecological genetics - The study of gene frequencies in ecology
- Effective population size - Number of individuals in a population who contribute offspring to the next generation
- Effector - Molecule involved in gene expression
- Endogenous retrovirus - A section of DNA originating from an RNA virus
- Enhancer - Molecule that promotes transcription
- Environmental variance - Any non-genetic source of phenotypic variation
- Epigenesis - The genetics of embryology and developmental biology
- Epigenetics - Inheritance by mechanisms other than the genome sequence
- Episome - Autonomously replicating plasmid capable of integrating into host chromosome
- Epistatis - Gene interaction where one gene masks the expression of another, non-allelic gene
- Essential gene - Gene in which mutations can lead to fatal phenotypes
- Euchromatin - Chromatin that is condensed during cell division
- Euploidy - Condition of having one or more complete set of chromosomes (opposite of aneuploidy)
- Exon - The region of the gene or mRNA that specifies amino acid sequence
This page is part of the EvoWiki encyclopedia of genetics and molecular biology.