EvoWiki is now a project of the
We are moving all content to RationalWiki.
See the for details! .
List of genetics pages:B
- Barr body - Condensed mass of chromatin formed from the deactivated X chromosome in female cells
- Basal transcription factor - Protein required for initiation of transcription by eukaryotic RNA polymerase
- Biased variation - Variation in which one allele is favoured over the other, for example by altering the process of recombination such that it appears in more gametes
- Bidirectional replication - DNA replication taking place from both replication forks simultaneously
- Bioinformatics - Analysis of genetic data
- Blending - Discredited theory that inheritance involved a blending of traits
- Bottleneck effect - See: Genetic bottleneck
- Bateson, William - Coined the word "Genetics"
- Beadle, George - Proposed one-gene one-enzyme hypothesis
- Boyer, Herb - First to clone DNA
- Brenner, Sidney - Discovered messenger RNA
This page is part of the EvoWiki encyclopedia of genetics and molecular biology.