EvoWiki is now a project of the
We are moving all content to RationalWiki.
See the for details! .
List of genetics pages:A
- Acentric chromosome - A chromosome having no centromere
- Acrocentric chromosome - A chromosome with an off-centre centromere, giving it a long arm and a short arm
- Additive genetic variance - Variation arising additive effects of genes on phenotype
- Adenine - One of the four organic bases in DNA
- Allele - One of multiple versions of a gene
- Allelic frequency - Proportion of individuals in a population carrying a specific allele
- Aminoacyl-tRNA - Transfer RNA molecule carrying a specific amino acid
- Aneuploidy - Condition where one or more chromosomes is either missing or duplicated
- Anticodon - Three base area on tRNA molecule complimentary to a codon on mRNA
- Attenuation - Regulatory mechanism in bacteria which causes RNA polymerase to terminate transcription
- Autonomously replicating sequences - Non-chromosomal DNA capable of replicating itself
- Autosome - Chromosome which is not a sex-chromosome
- Auxotrophic mutation - Mutation which disrupts production of molecules essential for growth
- Avery, Oswald - Showed that "transforming principle" is DNA
This page is part of the EvoWiki encyclopedia of genetics and molecular biology.