Evolution hasn't been observed nowadays
Living things on earth today are not seen to be evolving into something else.
- Anon, 1985. Life--How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or By Creation? Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., p. 54
- This claim could only be true given an unreasonable definition of evolution.
- Microorganisms have been observed to evolve new functions.
- There are numerous examples of observed speciation. An example of an observed speciation event is when the plant Oenothera lamarckiana gave rise to a new species of plant O. gigas in 1905 ce which could not successfully breed with its parents and also had a different chromosome number than its parents. (O. gigas had a chromosome number of 2N = 28 while its parent Oenothera lamarckiana had a chromosome number of 2N = 14.) <ref>http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0006-8071(190909)48%3A3%3C179%3ATBOTCI%3E2.0.CO%3B2-Y</ref> <ref>http://www.holysmoke.org/cretins/speci.htm</ref> alone.
- The evidence for evolution does not exist in observation alone.
- add more responses
Fallacies contained in this claim
- Suppressed Evidence (examples of observed evolution are withheld)
- Moving Goalpost Syndrome (cited examples of evolution are dismissed as adaptation)
Williams, Robert (March 30, 1999). Examples of Beneficial Mutations and Natural Selection. The Evolution Evidence Page. Retrieved on 2008-04-15.
- Mark Isaak's page on mutation producing novelty
- Theobald, Douglas, 1999. 29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: The Scientific Case for the Theory of Common Descent with Gradual Modification.
- add external links
- Macroevolution has never been observed
- Mutations don't produce new features
- No new species have been observed
- No new phyla, classes, or orders have appeared
- Microevolution selects only existing variation
- Evolution hasn't been proved
- Evolution should be treated as a matter of belief