Creationism, being Bible-based, is good
- Should we also support slavery or the execution of pagans, atheists and unruly children, or the destruction of all non-Christian societies as good because the Bible allows for or commands it?
- This claim assumes that the Bible is the only source of all things good and true, which is a claim disputed by the majority of the world's population.
- Creationism is only one interpretation of the Bible and there are many Christians who have accepted evolution as scientifically proven, for example the Archbishop of Canterbury and Pope John Paul II. The Archbishop of Canterbury has even spoken out publicly against the teaching of creationism in science classes.
- Not all forms of creationism are Bible-based. Many conservative Muslims and Jews (such as the Haredi Jews) have also been proponents of Creationism or Intelligent design.
- Creationists refuse to accept the fact that being "Bible-based" does not necessarily make something scientifically factual.
Fallacies contained in this claim
- Vickers, Brett, 1998. Some Questionable Creationist Credentials, .
- Anon., n.d. (accessed 24 Nov. 1999). Dr. Jonathan Wells returns to UTS. 
- Benen, Steve, 2000 (Jul/Aug). Fat-cat theocrat funds creationism crusade. Church & State, 
- ReligiousTolerance.org, n.d. Bible passages that are immoral by today's standards. 
- Vickers, 1998. (see above)
- The Archbishop of Canterbury disapproves teaching of Creationism in British schools .
- The Vatican's view on evolution .
- GrÃ¼nbaum, Adolf, The Poverty of Theistic Morality, Science, Mind and Art (Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1995), pp. 203-242.
- Sagi, Avi and Daniel Statman, 1995. Religion and Morality (trans. Batya Stein, Atlanta: Rodopi, 1995), pp. 107-112.
- Drange, Theodore M., 1998. Why Be Moral? 
- Carrier, Richard, 1998. Does the Christian Theism Advocated by J.P. Moreland Provide a Better Reason to be Moral than Secular Humanism? 
- Creationism has explanatory power
- Learning creationism stimulates mental health, joy, and morals
- Genesis is foundational to the Bible
- Non-creationist Christians are compromisers