EvoWiki is now a project of the
We are moving all content to RationalWiki.
See the for details! .
- Robert Bakker, The Dinosaur Heresies: New Theories Unlocking The Mystery of the Dinosaurs and Their Extinction ( ASIN 0688042872 )
- Influential popular work, which presented the first synthesis of the renaissance in dinosaur paleontology in the 1970s, to the lay reader.
- The successor of A. S. Romer's tome, this work is a masterly review of the paleobiology and phylogeny of vertebrates, although it is rather dated in some aspects (particularly archosaur phylogenetics).
- Chatterjee's review of avian phylogeny is a truly gorgeous work, well researched, but its principal aim is the defense of Protoavis, claims to the contrary notwithstanding.
- Lowell Dingus & Timothy Rowe, The Mistaken Extinction: Dinosaur Evolution and the Origin of Birds ( ISBN 071672944X )
- A lucid, though dated, popular work on avian phylogenetics and theropod origins.
- Masterly tome on the osteology and systematics of Dinosauria, though it is now rather dated. Nevertheless, it serves as a crucial work on the matter.
- The principal work detailing and defending the "thecodont" ancestry of birds, and Feduccia's opus magnum.
- M. K. Hecht et al, The Beginning of Bird Flight: Proceedings of the International Archaeopteryx Conference, Eichstatt, 1984 ( ASIN 3980117804 )
- Immortal tome in the field of avian phylogenetics.
- The most famed book ever written on the science of avian phylogenetics, it presented the first coherent "thecodont" hypothesis, and was canon until the late 1960s. It remains an immortal classic.
- John Ostrom, Osteology of Deinonychus antirrhopus, an Unusual Theropod from the Lower Cretaceous of Montana
- The monograph which is arguably responsible for the revolution in dinosaur paleontology, that occurred during the 1970s.
- Greg Paul, Dinosaurs of the Air: The Evolution and Loss of Flight in Dinosaurs and Birds ( ISBN 0801867630 )
- Superb review of the theropod origin of birds, and critique of the "thecodont" hypothesis.
- An excellent popular work on avian phylogenetics.