EvoWiki is now a project of the
See the for details.
Books: General evolution
- An introduction to Natural Selection, but pre-genetics, and thus little on variation.
- A good intro to Evolution with no need for anything beyond high school knowledge of Biology, includes arguments against creationism and ID.
- Explains why everything in Biology makes sense when viewed in evolutionary terms.
- Good for those who know absolutely nothing about Evolution.
- Good for complete history of life, plus many explanations of techniques used in evolutionary research
- An up to date introduction to Evolution, and why the anti-evolutionists are wrong.
- A short, easy to read account of Eldredge's principle views on evolutionary biology.
- Gould's opus, and last publication before his death. Criticised by some for being verbose and difficult to read.
- A general introduction to evolution
- A lively and very accessable introduction to modern evolutionary biology.
- An introduction to the "nature-nurture debate", and why the whole thing may be bunk.
- Robert Trviers, Natural Selection and Social Theory: Selected Papers of Robert L. Trivers ( ISBN 0195130626)
- A collection of must-read papers from Trivers, including those on parental investment, sibling conflict, etc.
- The history of the theory of evolution covering Darwin's original ideas and modern theories.